This Precious Metal Verifier testing kit is one of the most revolutionary and affordable silver and gold testing kits of its kind. For comparison, an XRF gun will run you in the neighborhood of about $10,000! With all of the fake silver and gold coins and bars coming out of China, it is important for investors and collectors to have an affordable way to protect against counterfeits. This machine is used to measure the bulk metal in a bullion bar or coin and ensure that the metal matches the electrical characteristics that would be expected of it. The Verifier can assess a sample in less than one second and up to 2mm deep without affecting the coin or bullion in any way. This means that unlike other testing methods, the Precious Metal Verifier can detect if a counterfeit is gold or silver plated without physical damage to the coin or medal. The plating and surface features do not significantly impact the unit’s ability to measure the underlying metal. Using electromagnetic waves that penetrate deeply into the coin or bar, plating and surface features are largely ignored, and the main body of metal assessed. The Verifier can read through plastic cases and bags, so numismatic coins do not need to be removed from protective holders, graded slabs or capsules.
The Precious Metal Verifier has an intuitive interface and employs the principle of resistance to measure the distortion created in an electromagnetic field to verify pure gold, crown gold (22kt), coin gold (90%), American Gold Eagle gold, pure silver, sterling silver, platinum, palladium, and copper. You can also custom program for metal alloys of your choosing.
What is included with this Precious Metal Verifier Kit?:
This verifier kit comes with the following:
- The main PMV machine unit as shown above.
- Battery charger & USB adapter cable.
- Calibration Disc.
- Carrying Case.
Optional Add-Ons Available for the Tester
PMV2 comes with the above listed basics plus…
- Small Wand – The small wand can be used to test smaller samples, such as 1-gram bars, CombiBars, 1/10-ounce coins, 90% silver dimes, etc.
- Large Wand – The large wand is used for coins silver, gold and platinum pieces that weigh between 1/4 oz and 1 oz. (like U.S. 90% silver quarters and half dollars).
PMV3 comes with the above listed basics plus…
- Small & Large Wands that come in PMV2 kit plus…
- Bullion Wand – The new Bullion wand will penetrate the surface of gold and silver bars to a depth of 2 mm (0.08″).